Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ikea hacks: maskros

I'm getting realllllly excited for my upcoming trip to ikea. I wanted to put together my little wishlist, but I really think it will be useless, because I want everything. So I decided to put together my favorite ikea hacks instead.


#! Maskros


If you are into the sputnik chandelier pendants that are floating around...





Then you will love the following tutorial with Ikea's Maskros chandelier: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90147465


In order to get the affect of a a more substantial light fixture, the flowers need to be cut down to a smaller size. You can choose whatever size you'd like. The DIY guru here uses a drinking cup as her template.




After the flowers are all cut down to the desired size, any color you'd like can be applied to the flowers as well as the hardware.






After two coats of paint, little amuse bouche cups (box comes with 100) were purchased online and were glued using Fabric-Tac. 




Next, add the arms, let dry and assemble!! Super cute and easy! 







Another user did this same DIY and cut straws and glued those to the prongs to widen out the fixture. Totally a fan of the thicker one!




1 comment: