Tuesday, August 2, 2011

high chair thrift find

If you've ever researched high chairs before you understand what a struggle it can be! Functionality is key, but is it too much to ask that they be pretty?? I love the classic look of the wooden ones instead of the plastic ones, but they can be reallllly expensive.

My top picks:

The Tripp Trapp is a little too modern for my tastes. The Svan I think is pretty but both carry a price tag over $200..highway robbery if you ask me.

So randomly browsing one of my favorite thrift stores I came across this diamond in the rough:


Price tag? $4.99.....Shelf is on a track and pulls off easily to get my daughter in and out. Only downfall?


Yeahhhhh. Pretty ugly. Luckily, I found this great fabric:


The plan? Well, I dropped off the old cushion with the new VINYL fabric ($9.95 per yard) to my seamstress. And I play on painting the highchair this weekend a brownish black. Final reveal to come! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment