Friday, August 5, 2011

friday savers sale: HOT!

 If you have a Savers near by, I can't stress enough how great this store is!



If you live in the Rochester, NY area, you need to head over there ASAP! Why?? Check out some of the great finds I recommend:

Books! Colorful, aged hardback books...I know this might not always be on the top of things to purchase, but an empty bookcase is never a pretty sight. Besides, I am an avid reader and I can tell you I don't have anywhere near a collection as beautiful as this. Best part? $0.69 cents per book + buy one get one free...


Artwork...you know I am always a huge proponent of cheap art. Check out this set (circled) of 7 matching florals. I took a picture of one up close so you can see what they look like. I know they might seem a little lackluster, but if I were you, I'd definitely scoop these up and spray paint the frames black. Did I mention that they are only $2.99 a piece?



Here is another set of two (please paint these frames, they are awwwful). The golden rule is hanging sets of 3, but if you were to layer these vertically and put a small table underneath, you would still get that balanced effect. Cost per piece $2.99.


Vases! When looking for small items to fill spaces, I love vases and/or baskets. I throw everything in them; mail, keys, moss, flowers, kitchen utensils....you never know. I like to stand back and see if anything catches my eye. Here's what I saw today:




At the top there is a brand new set of galvanized herb pots. Totally cute; especially if you filled them and sat the container on a window sill above your kitchen sink. Retail cost was $14.99, Savers price tag is only $4.99. The large vase is much cuter in person. It is reading a little old lady here. I would throw this puppy on a console table behind a sofa...only if you don't have children :)


There were also some really cute shaped milk glass vases. Since theses were so close in proportion, I would actually use them as bookends and throw some moss balls on them. Yes I said moss balls. 





Moving on to other accessories. Savers has the normal variety of votive, tapered and odd shaped candle holders. The only one that struck me as unique was this coral one. Price tag $2.99.




Checking out the curtains and bedding, I feel like I hit the mother load. For curtains, I found 86" peach french-pleated curtains. Before you get freaked out by the color, check out some inspirational photos that are really sophisticated.



Price tag for both panels? $7.99. If I only had one more room in my house!

I just want to put it out there that the thought of using used bedding does NOT freak me out, because I love bleach. I trust bleach. And I bleach EVERYTHING that comes from ANYWHERE. That being said I found a king's sheet set from Dwell Studio for $7.99 and a super cute yellow twin sheet set (perfect for a little girl) for $4.99.



I also like to layer pillows on my bed (you'll see soon enough). If you have King sized pillows as your first layer, I found great natural linen shams for $4.99 a set!




If I wasn't going for a monochromatic color scheme in my master bedroom, I would have snagged this coverlet up in a second. For $12.99, it's a queen and it's a beautiful deep red velvet. Perfect for the cooler weather that is headed our way in a few months.




After bedding, you need to check out the dress section if you are a size 5-6 (yeahhhh that's not me). Super cute gray Jcrew dress. Looks brand new for $24.99.



Last but not least, the furniture section. There was a layered side table for $5.99. I would paint this a poppy color, or put a colored ceramic lamp on top.


My favorite piece of the day was this small couch (can you even call this a couch). It's definitely meant to just sit at the base of your bed, which is perfect for putting on shoes...or in my house throwing clothes on. I would scrub the whole thing down and have a custom slip covered made. If you don't know anyone that can sew...LET ME KNOW!!! I can have a tailored one made in a couple days.



Hope you enjoyed this post. Now get out there and go shopping!! 

TIP! If you go to www.savers.com you can sign up for a free savings card and you will automatically get a 25% off coupon. 

If anyone ends up getting these pieces, please comment and let me know! I'm always curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment