Saturday, July 30, 2011

scandinavian design before and after

So sprucing up the slipcover wasn't as stress-free as I originally thought. After the first wash with the directed amount of bleach, the slipcover came out spotty and actually looked YELLOW! At this point I really was worried that maybe my "great find" was a dud after all. 


I decided to put caution to the wind and threw the slipcovers back in the washer and poured an insane amount of bleach. NOTE: insane amount to me was approximately 3 cups. I didn't add anymore detergent...mostly because I was running low and I knew my daughter's hamper was overflowing. The result? Well, see for yourself! Clean, white and no shrinking. 


BEFORE




AFTER
Beautiful right? Just a tip; if you pull your pillow covers, slipcovers, sheets etc, out of the dryer while they are a little bit wet, pull them taunt and the result is wrinkle free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment